Tuesday, December 20

Freezer Friendly Burritos



I have found a new best friend (well, ANOTHER new one...) Freezer Friendly burritos. I made a stash of these about a month ago and they were a hit with the hubby. This time I added some shredded chicken and they are Yummy with a capital Y. And the best part is, you make them with only a few ingredients, pop them in a freezer bag and then you can pull one out for lunch or when you're in desperate need of a night off from making dinner. I used the following ingredients, but you could really play with this and do whatever variation you find delish (breakfast burritos would be GREAT for this, too)



Freezer-Friendly Burritos:

1      can  low-fat refried beans (I took the picture with 2, but I actually only use 1 for this recipe)
1      can jalapenos (drained if you'd like but I added them with the juice)
1      can green chilies
2      cups shredded cheese
1      chicken breast, cooked and then shredded
8      flour tortillas (burrito size)

Heat the beans, the green chilies and the jalapenos in a saucepan until just heated. While these are cooking, dampen a paper towel and cover the tortillas. Pop in the microwave for about 10 seconds or just long enough to make them easier to fold. Once the bean mixture is heated through, add about 1/4 cup, top with chicken and cheese and then fold like an envelope and roll.



I'm not entirely sure why I had so much trouble with the folding part, but it took me about 5 tries to get it right. (Fold the bottom half, then the 2 sides and the fold it over)



When I'm done I add them all to a gallon freezer bag and toss them in the freezer. Heat for about 1 min. on each side and walla.....lunch in a snap.

Enjoy homies.

No comments:

Post a Comment