Tuesday, January 3

Big Game Rack [DIY Project]


Well homies, we are almost finished with the playroom. And by almost I mean that we still have some "stuff" to hang on the wall. BUT, I am excited to report that my big game rack came out awesome (thanks to a certain Mr.) I first saw the idea on Pinterest and, without making sure that my husband could even pull it off (because I'm that confident in his handiness), I went out and bought the 'game' for the rack. I picked up these babies at the dollar store. Since we had planned to cut them in half (no animals were harmed in the making of this project...LOL) I didn't want anything too expensive and I hit the jackpot at the good old Dollar Tree. The total cost of this project was $6. The only thing I actually purchased was the animals. Everything else we had in the house (thanks to our enormous stash of scrap wood--funny, it always annoys me until I need it--and then I'm happy we have it). The original project suggests using apoxy. We had some at the house, but what I didn't have was the 24 hours to let it dry. We had a house full of Christmas-clad family coming over the following day and I wanted to put this baby to use when everyone arrived. So, Gabe modified ours a bit using screws and I am more than pleased with the way it turned out.



Look...it actually works...

Supplies:

6 wild animals from the Serengeti (or Dollar Tree) and really, you could make this as large or small as you want

Scrap wood (suited to fit the number of animals you have)

Screws

Gabe cut the animals in half using his compound miter saw and then simply measured out the spacing and screwed each animal into the board and then screwed the board onto the wall. No real tricky stuff here, but I'm not handy enough to do it on my own. So, either have it or find yourself a handy man.

Wala. A cute coat rack that's a bit on the wild side.

No comments:

Post a Comment