Tuesday, July 24

Tick tock on the kid clock

You know the sucky thing about kids? They get big so darn fast. It's kind of annoying, really. My little busy bee, Charlie, already seems like she's twice the size she was when she was born (well, that might have something to do with the fact that she literally is twice the size, but that's neither here nor there). It's amazing how quickly their little personalities change. Take this girl, for example:


For the first couple weeks of this little bee's life she was one cranky lady. In fact, I remember telling my husband "She is NEVER" in a good mood" (a bit of an over exaggeration, I'd say). She, thankfully, wasn't colicky, but on a bad day, I'd swear she was. Slowly but surely she started to mellow out and after some trial and error on a LOT of things, we figured our little Charlie bean out. One of our biggest saviors? The swaddle: Exhibit A:  Nothing calms this crazy girl down quite like her "crazy coat" can.



She has now morphed into this SUPER happy baby that only cries when she's hungry or overly tired. Which, let's be honest, that kind of makes me want to cry, too. Other than that, she's our happy girl.

She's learning to do all sorts of fun things these days. At almost 3 months she's holding on to her toys like a champ:
Last week, she found her thumb ( and hasn't let it go since)


She has been such a wonderful addition to our little family.



And then there's my homie. My first born. My big kid. My Ethan. Sometimes we swear that he's 2 going on 6. He's a FANTASTIC big brother:

He brings me her cute fluffy diapers, tells me when she spits up: "Mamma, Chaw-ie pit up", and has started giving her toys to play with. He has really amazed both Gabe and I at how well he handled having a sibling. He is constantly amazing us with the things that he says (both good and bad). We have to laugh when he says things like "My milk ready, mamma?" Or "Leave me alone, daddy". Gabe and I are often left looking at each other in amazement saying "Ummm, where did THAT one come from?"

We're still trying to figure out how he went from this:


To this so quickly.


He's so smart and so funny. I love this age, but if I think about it too long I turn into a teary mess thinking that one day he won't want to dance silly with me in the living room or say "Play with me mamma". So, for now I'll just pretend that both of them will stay little forever.





No comments:

Post a Comment