Wednesday, November 16

Bought for a Buck series

Have you ever bought something for a buck and been really excited about it? I have. And that got me thinking, each week I am going to try to find something crazy awesome for a buck and share it with all of you, my homies. This week a quick trip to the dollar store to pick up a basket full of epsom salt (for a christmas goody-makin' night) lead me to the "beauty isle", if you will. Whilst running (and yes, I think I was literally running because I was in a hurry), I was stopped in my tracks by a rad red lip gloss. It appeared to be the perfect shade of holiday party ('cause I go to so many holiday parties) red. In the 'ole basket she went. I figured if I didn't like it, hey, it was only a buck. But it wasn't until many hours later (and sitting on the couch and remembering that I had even bought it) that I discovered her true glory. I slathered my pout with this stuff and it's FANTASTIC. It's the perfect shade of glossy, shimmery red. Not to bold, not dry or matte. It's pretty ladies, let me tell ya. And I have to admit, I love the little tin that it comes in almost as much as I love the color itself. It's easy to slide open. No fumbling to open an awkward lid here. So, there's your bang for your buck this week...New York Color's Lip Slider Tinted Lip Balm in Sugar Baby.
And you can bet your buck that I'll be going back to load up on this little gem.
 And while we're on the subject of cheap beauty, check out Nouveau Cheap. She did all the work for you in finding the low-down on the beauty steals and deals at your local "drugstores".

No comments:

Post a Comment