Tuesday, November 15

The [Ikea] Swag

We are currently in the process of transitioning to a "big boy" room. Which seems odd being that Ethan is only 18 months old. Most would not describe him as a big boy yet, but we do. In fact, I think I call him "big kid" more than I call him by his actual name. With a new bundle of baby on the way, I wanted to make sure that Ethan had a super-cool kid (toddler) space. It's been a slow process but we're getting there (s l o w l y). 

This past weekend we made a late-night trip to Ikea (well, by late night I mean that we left the house at 5:00 p.m. and were out 'till 10:00) LOOK OUT. I don't know if you've ever visited an Ikea at night, but it literally lights up like a beacon directing jets into Metro....well, at least to me it does. Let me just say this, I love Ikea. Like the 'till death do us part kind of love. They have so many unique and interesting goodies there. I'm like a kid in a candy store there. A kid with a debit card....(and there's a reason why kids aren't given debit cards in candy stores...) I'm kidding. I actually got everything I needed and walked out of there spending much less than I thought I would; another bonus of Ikea.

Here's what we picked up for the big kid:


(Nevermind the missing baseboards in our bedroom. We just put floors down and haven't gotten around to that yet. Maybe in the next 5 years we'll find the time...) 

1.   Tolsby frames ( .99 each) 
2.   Nyttja frames ( 3.99 each)
3.   Vackis alarm clock ( .99 )
4.   Gislev rug ( 19.99 )
5.   Eivor Ord Duvet Cover and Pillowcase ( 19.99 )
6.   Fejka artificial potted plant ( 3.99 )
7.   Mandel cement pot (1.99 )
8.   Mysa Stra comforter ( 19.99 )
9.   Nasum baskets ( 19.99 each )
10. Rajtan Spice Jars (3.99 / 4 pack) - these are for Christmas goodies
11. Slom jars ( 2.99 each )  again, Christmas goodies

And my favorite 2 purchases...


 The little red dog coat hanger and the wooden flexy-man (real technical term there, homies) How cute are these?


Bastis Hook ( 1.99 )  I wish I would have bought a bazillion of these. Next trip I'm loadin' up 'cause they are just too darn cute


And I cannot, for the life of me, find the little wooden man. This is the only picture I could find...but, if you happen upon an Ikea. Pick him up. He's way fun. 


And my little poser even got in on the photo shoot (he's taken to getting right in front of the camera and saying "cheese" in the most-appropriate cheesiest voice he can possibly muster up...


And now we just have to finish sanding the walls, mudding the walls, sanding the walls again, finishing the painting, do the chalkboard wall, put up the chair rail, install a new light, finish the reading nook...you know, not much.

Happy Tuesday Homies (and here's to those never ending home improvement projects)

No comments:

Post a Comment