Tuesday, December 13

A split second design decision

I came across this tutorial on Pinterest (of course) a while ago and I've been toying around with the idea of doing something similar. Okay, that's a lie. I currently have a stash of approximately 30 toilet paper rolls under my bathroom sink. Did you know all of the things you can do with toilet paper rolls? I didn't either.

In true Jamie fashion, most of my decorating decision making is done on a whim. Mostly because when I do actually sit still for anything length of time, the wheels start spinning. And that usually means something is getting re-painted.

Roughly a month ago, I was sitting in the kitchen on a Thursday night after Ethan went to bed and I suddenly thought, "you know what, I think I'm going to use the toilet paper to 'paint' the dining room walls. Gabe was elsewhere in the house so when he came in the kitchen and saw me with a toilet paper roll in one hand and a quart of paint in the other, he looked puzzled (though, not as puzzled as you'd think...he knows me too well). Roughly an hour later I had some snazzy (well, I think they're snazzy) new walls. And the best part was, the entire project was free!

Supplies:

White paint -  FREE  (I had this left over from who knows whatever painting project )
Toilet paper - FREE (well, at one point this cost me something, but I'm going for the effect here, people, work with me).
Plastic bowl to dip paint in - FREE (I'm sure you've got something laying around the house you can use)

Also in true Jamie fashion, I was too impatient to take any before pictures or action shots. You can see the basic tutorial I used here.

So, if you find yourself bored one night, grab some paint, use up the rest of that TP and get rolling homies (pun intended)




 

No comments:

Post a Comment