Wednesday, December 14

Getting [more] organized

Do you have a stack of manuals that you can't quite figure out what in the world to do with? 'Cause I sure did. I had them in a big, expandable folder-thingy, but that just wasn't working for me. One day, in a cluttered rage, I decided to take ALL of them out (and trust me...there were a lot of them...apparently this is the one item I hoard in my house ? ? ? ). With the supervision of my husband ( because I have a bad habit of throwing out things that we actually need ) I purged. And boy did it feel good. By the time I was done I was left with a stack that was roughly half the size of what I started with. (Surprisingly enough I didn't need the manual for the programmable thermostat . . . that is in our old house).

After that, I organized them into categories. I grouped things together like kitchen appliances, baby "stuff", cameras, etc. I visited my handy stash of plastic sleeves and in they went. I now have a nice, neat binder that is much easier to access (but let's be honest . . . who looks at these things anyways. I have zero patience for manuals / instructions - - I get that from my dad. Thanks Dad. )

I'm sure there are a million other great ideas for taming the bulky beast that is your collection of manuals, but I've been a pretty happy homie with this system so far.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment