Thursday, November 3

Handmade = Happiness

It's not just about saving a buck. In fact, I've often found that a DIY to duplicate some fantastic find can be more expensive than just shelling out the dough for the darn thing! BUT, making something yourself can be so very rewarding. It shows the person receiving the gift just how much you truly know them and that you put time, effort and sincere thought into their gift. (Not that gift cards aren't fantastic. I'd be thrilled with a box of them)

I decided a while back that this year will be a handmade Christmas. Granted, not everything will be crafted by thee, but I have put a lot of thought into some wonderful gifts that I think family and friends will be thrilled to receive. And if nothing else, I'll get a kick out of watching their "Ohhhhhhhh, it's really nice fake-faces" Heehee.

I've found some fantastic inspiration (as usual) on Pinterest. If any of you are looking for some gift-giving ideas of the homemade sorts, have a browse . After all, Christmas is upon us, homies! (Ethan's daycare teacher has a countdown outside her room that stares me in the face every morning AND every afternoon.....)

For the beer lover:
Source: Life of a Modern Mom

Tile coasters! How cute is this!

Source: Light Refreshments Served

 Snow globes. I lllloooovvveee this. So many great options


Love these monogrammed mugs...
 Source: Tip Junkie

This adorable heart bracelet would be perfect for a teenage girl (well, I'll admit it, I'd wear this, too)


And for the chocolate lover (that's me)
Source: My Recipes

For the beauty buff
Source: Wee Waldorf

And there's a million  more wonderfully quirky, fun, and personalized gifts out there....waiting to be made. So warm up those hot glue guns and put on your creative thinking caps, homies, 'cause this Christmas is going to be one for the books. (Just not necessarily your CHECK books) Hardee-har-har.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment